Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 32 – On The Run

Today was an important day.



Spring has started to spring, and I have hay-fever. This is not normally a major problem. As long as I start using a nasal spray two weeks before my pollen season starts, I'm fine. But if I miss the start of the season, I can expect misery until late September.

Here was my predicament: On Day 9, maxfax said that I should not blow my nose or sneeze for two to three weeks, lest the roof of my mouth split open and enable snot to drip down from my nose onto my tongue. But, obviously, one of the biggest problems with hay-fever is that it causes sufferers to sneeze. So, it would surely make sense for me to start my meds as early as possible? But the nasal spray normally makes me let out an almighty sneeze when I use it, so I'd been stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea.

But today was Day 32, so it should be safe to sneeze.

I'd booked an appointment with my GP after work as the nasal spray isn't available OTC. I can see my GP surgery from my desk, so I always underestimate the time it takes to get there. It can take 15-20 minutes at a brisk walk, depending how lucky I am with elevators and pedestrian crossings. I had left myself 10 minutes to get there, so had to run for the first time since the op. It didn't knacker me out as much as I was expecting, so maybe I'll be going back to the gym soon.


The GP said it a bimaxillary osteotomy sounds like absolute agony, Of course, it wasn't, due to the nerve damage.

I dropped the prescription off at Boots then went straight to Wetherspoon's. I'll pick up the drugs on Monday.

One thing that is starting to really annoy me is the numbness. I've said before how it makes shaving difficult, but that doesn't bother me too much because I don't shave that often anyway. What is grating on me is when people point out that I've got food or sauce on my chin while I'm eating. Fair enough, I'd appreciate being told if I've missed a spot when wiping my mouth after I've finished the meal. But it's a bit rude to point it out after every bite I take. I have no feeling in my chin. Get over it.

Again, this was another night in the pub when I was on soft drinks. It's pretty demoralising, but a good idea to stay sober. I was absolutely shattered, and somehow managed to drop/throw a full glass of coke across the pub while trying to take it back to the table.

God knows what I'd be like if I was drinking.

Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.

Cod, chips and mushy peas for lunch,

Salmon bagel and chips for tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment