Friday 1 April 2016

Day 24 – In And Out Again

Today it was my third orthodontic appointment since the operation.


The NHS had a rare outbreak of efficiency and I was seen early. Despite having been concerned about my swift return to work at the last two appointments, ortho was very happy. "Wow, I can tell you're feeling fine, " she remarked as I entered the clinic. "To look at you, you wouldn't believe you've just had what you've had done to you." The nurse put it down to mind over matter.


The elastics are doing their job. The 2mm misalignment post-surgery has now reduced to 1mm, and the bite is closing nicely. Unfortunately, I still have to wear them for another two weeks.

One thing I had been worrying about was my gumline. I hadn't mentioned it on here because I know the mother is a regular reader and I didn't want to worry her. After the operation, I noticed that there was a sizeable chunk missing from the gum above my upper-left canine.


It's the fight-most tooth in the photo. You should just be able to make out the exposed root if you open the image. Not ideal.

I asked ortho about it today and if I'd need a gum graft1. There's nothing that can be done about it until the braces come off, so hopefully by Namekian powers of regeneration will mean that it has grown back by then.


If not, then she'll refer me to the dental hospital for a gum graft.

The outbreak of efficiency turned out to be much more severe than I imagined: I wasou of the house for less than an hour and made it back in plenty of time for my afternoon meetings. Not bad.

Today's menu:

Big Breakfast

Chicken dinner for tea.


1. With a gentle hint...




No comments:

Post a Comment