Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 33 – Fire

I got up pretty late today. The week must've worn me out.

It was the Grand National today. Thankfully, the race was an hour later than usual this year. I only just about managed to get the newspaper, conduct my analysis, and put my bets on in time for the race. I didn't win.

Tonight, I went for a Japanese BBQ with the lads. It was pretty spectacular, even if the pork did nearly set fire to the chopsticks.

At one point, I was attempting to make a reasonably serious point about something, but my mate sat opposite was laughing. He's a bit weird, so I normally ignore him when he acts like a child. Then, all of a sudden, he starts crying. That's pretty odd, even for him.

It turns out that there had been a huge lump of rice on my chin that I hadn't noticed, but was causing much hilarity. Apparently, it then fell off, causing hysteria.

I moaned yesterday about how people react to food being on my chin: This is genuinely different, and actually quite funny.


I expected something like that to happen, so dressed in dark clothes to mask any soy sauce stains.

Unfortunately, my Japanese language skills were unsuccessful with the waitress. I blame the elastics.

Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.

Epic Japanese BBQ for tea. Lots of red meat for my recovery.





Totemo oishideshita!

No comments:

Post a Comment