Friday 1 April 2016

Day 23 – Rerecovery

Yesterday's exhaustion persisted until this morning. I woke up reasonably late again, but made it into the office. It didn't take long for the pounding headache to subside and for me to be back to relative normality.


My workmates are enjoying my messy hair. I wonder how long I can put up with it in its current state. Hopefully the fringe will grow quickly so I can get it moved over to the other side asap.

I've begun to notice that my range of motion is almost fully restored. The binding constraint in opening my mouth is now not the ability to move the jaw per se, but the restrictiveness of the elastics. I am much less talkative than normal. I sort of evaluate whether what I have to say is important enough to justify the effort to fight against the elastics. I bet my workmates are enjoying the peace and quiet.

Speaking of elastics, I'm writing this from the train back to Walsall. I'm seeing the orthodontist tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll be able to open my mouth wide enough for her to change the wire, so I can say goodbye once again to the elastics.


Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.

Chicken and chips for lunch. This was a bit ambitious as they chips were too crispy for me to chew.
Fruit salad for lunch-dessert.

Sushi for tea! Oishi desune!


No comments:

Post a Comment