Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 38 – Colourblind

Today was an orthodontic day.


I was hoping that this would be the last photo of me with elastics.


Thankfully,enough range of motion had returned for the orthodontist to be able to get in and replace the bracket that had been knocked off during surgery. It transpired that there were actually two, and they hadn't come off completely. One ended up pinging across the clinic, nearly taking out the nurse.

As I was having the blue light shone on my teeth to set the glue, it dawned on my that after eight years and countless bracket fittings and replacements, this would probably be the last time I ever have that done.

What's more, I was able to go back to coloured ties on the bottom brackets. I had had metal ties for the last few months, so it was good to have the aqua blue ones back.


It wasn't fantastic news on the elastic front. I can't say goodbye to them completely, but I've been able now to swap the blue elastics for the much-weaker green elastics.





I didn't think it would feel so beautiful, but it does.

The next appointment is in two weeks and it will be a joint clinic with maxfax. Exciting. And the braces could be off in six to eight weeks! Or 12 weeks, to be on the safe side. But it should be "before summer", whenever summer actually is in Britain.

In other news, my train journey back to London was epic.


Today's menu;

Big breakfast (sausage, egg, mushroom, beans, toast) for breakfast.

Cottage pie for tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment