Sunday 17 April 2016

Day 37 – Could It Be Magic?

I've realised what the main reason for my difficulties in getting up of the mornings.

I have to sleep with the pillows propped up, so that I am almost sitting upright. Obviously, this isn't ideal, so I guess the quality of my sleep is pretty poor at the moment. The reason why I have to prop myself up is to help the swelling drain away to my neck. On the few nights where I have slept reasonably flat, I've woken up with the swelling exacerbated – especially around my cheekbones and eyes. Tiredness and a pronounced double-chin seem to be a price worth paying.

I've got an orthodontist appointment tomorrow, so I've had to go back to Walsall. Fortunately, the hospital know I have to travel a long way and they understand how ridiculous it is that the NHS cannot cope with someone moving away, so they slot me in at the end of the clinic.

Hopefully, I'll be able to open my mouth wide enough for the braces to be adjusted. Then I should be able to get rid of these wretched elastics.

The mother was pleased to see me when I got in. She's almost forgotten that just over one month ago, I was bed-ridden with blood pouring out of my mouth, unable to eat, and with a head almost as broad as my shoulders. It's almost magic. Speaking of magic, I got a sticker from a magician today. It's a long story...


Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.

Pesto chicken and chips for lunch.

Big Breakfast sandwich and Wotsits for tea.

Turkey sandwich for supper.


No comments:

Post a Comment