Tuesday 5 April 2016

Day 28 – Art

Four weeks since surgery!
Let's celebrate with a picture of my side profile.



As you can see, I have had yet another shave. I'm on recruitment duties at work tomorrow morning so I need to at least attempt to look presentable.

I'd signed up for this a while back, but was expecting to have to pull out. I expected that at least one of the following would have prevented me from taking part:


  • Not being back at work at all
  • Being unable to speak
  • Having bad breath due to an inability to brush my teeth 
  • Dribbling like this

Fortunately, none of these are an issue.These recruitment events were my target for my recovery, so I'm pretty chuffed.

I work in Marketing1, so I am incredibly creative and artistic2. I thought I would put these skills to good use tonight and draw a diagram of my face.


The blue circles are the zones of numbness. The green shapes are where I'm still a bit puffy. The red zones on the bottom jaw are where I am still tender. The plates, and therefore the breaks, are in those places. Pressing down to shave hurts, as does looking up.

Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.

Kofta for lunch, with melon for dessert.


It's ironic. I can now eat pizza properly, whereas before I had to roll it up to get it to my molars for biting. But, I struggled with the kofta because my mouth doesn't open wide enough currently for me to eat a rolled-up wrap.

Chicken sandwich for tea.


1. Marketing Finance

2. My masterpiece is surely worth as much as these.

No comments:

Post a Comment