Sunday 13 March 2016

Day 5 – Student life

Good news: My nerves aren't completely destroyed.

Bad news: I discovered this when trying to get to sleep last night when my teeth suddenly exploded in a burst of aching agony. The type of pain you get the very first time you have your braces tightened1. Not good. Thank god for co-codamol.

I am now able to drink using a sports cap bottle. This is quite useful as it saves having to decant drinks into smaller containers in order to use the syringe. It's also a lot faster. I never thought I would find a genuine use for my ability to "open the gullet" other than to down a pint of beer in sub-4 seconds, but it is a crucial skill when you can only drink like a penguin.

I managed to do a bit of studying for my CIMA today. I say "managed" – I spent most the morning catching up on sleep from my night of pain, then the rugby was on. I wrote yesterday about things that are happening at my old uni; I should really let go of student life as Six Nations rugby always used to impede studying in my student days.

The big brother came round today with my niece. I said that he can already tell the difference in my face and that I look at lot better than before the op.


I think that was an insult.

Today's menu was sausage and egg breakfast, then a spag bol tea. Yum.



1. I don't actually know what the pain is like when braces are first tightened. I was the last of my crew at school to get braces, so had heard all the horror stories and maxed-out on co-codamol just before my first few orthodontic appointments.

No comments:

Post a Comment