Thursday 10 March 2016

Day 2 – Swelling

I was reliably informed by Graham's awesome Double Jaw Surgery website (and the inspiration for this blog) that the swelling peaks at 72 hours. I have yet to reach this milestone, so I dread to think how much more my face can possibly swell.


One of the more annoying things about the lithium that I take for something else, is that it contraindicates ibuprofen and the like. Just a single anti-inflammatory tablet would probably kill me, so there is nothing to slow down the swelling other than ice packs. However, having ice packs on your face all day can make you shiver. Shivering is not ideal when your jaws have just been broken, so my poor mother is having to live in a sauna.

Looking in the mirror, I am a bit concerned about the new alignment of my face. It doesn't look great. Fingers crossed I won't have to go through this again.

On a brighter note, I managed to brush my teeth today. It was nice to be able to scrape out the clumps of black blood.

Today's menu included eggs for breakfast, and a well-blended chicken dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment