Thursday 31 March 2016

Day 21 – Hitchin' A Ride

Three weeks since surgery!


I went to the pub today. My third such social event since surgery at which I have not imbibed an alcoholic beverage. There will be many more to come until I am back at full-fitness.


It was also time for me to take my stuff back to London. When I went up to the Midlands for surgery, I took a ridiculous amount of clothing. I wasn't expecting to be well enough to return to London so quickly, so I had packed pretty much all my worldly goods:
  • CIMA textbooks, lecture notes, and revision cards.
  • Many polos.
  • Two WBA tops and two Hot Sweaty Beavers tops.
  • Penguin onesie.
  • Fleeces.
  • Tracksuit bottoms.
  • Tiger onesie.
  • And more.

Of these, I wore very little1.

So, my case was pretty full when I went to Walsall. The mother had also raided the local supermarkets and bought many bottles of isotonic drink, blackcurrant squash, Nurishments, and soup. It's hard to explain that shops also exist in London...



Today's menu:

Big breakfast for... breakfast.


Salmon sandwiches for tea.




1. Regular readers will have noticed the great diversity of my outfits over the last three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment