Thursday 10 March 2016

Day 3 – More Swelling

I didn't see how it was possible, but I was expecting it. My head has indeed, unimpeded by ibuprofen, managed to swell to an unprecedented size. It has actually grown bigger than it grows when I get some nice feedback at work, or a job offer. In all seriousness, though, I reckon my head is at least quadruple the size it was when I left London on Saturday. It also weighs a ton. I wouldn't be surprised if I have actually put on a few pounds over the last few days, despite being on a liquid diet.

Today's swelling has reached such a level that I am now struggling to take on any fluids, even with a syringe. Mother is having to squirt Lucasade Sport through the small gap that there is between my swollen lips.

It's getting hot in here

The worst thing about this situation at the moment is, bizarrely, that I am not in pain. If I was in pain, it'd be a bit easier to deal with because the whole situation would be more coherent and make more sense. My faculties are all there. Or at least as much as they have always been. I've spent the day watching science and history documentaries and the commentaries on Dan Jarvis' speech. Essentially, I am fine. I am just laid in bed because I have a fat face. And that is hard for me to get my head around.

Food today has been pretty meagre. I just had a couple of chocolate mousses. I couldn't face having to attempt to clean the remnants of another meal out of my mouth today.

Anyway, I must be off. Tonight is the biggest night of the year at my alma mater, and I'm gutted I'm not there, so I'm heading over to the liveblog to see who will be crowned (or not) General Secretary of LSE Students' Union.

The disaster that has been this year's election campaign has made me feel slightly better about my currently-oversized head.

No comments:

Post a Comment