Sunday 27 March 2016

Day 19 – Easter Bunny

The swelling continues to decrease and the pins and needles have nearly gone.



As I have said before, I have very little enamel on my teeth. The front teeth have been heavily built-up as an interim measure before I can get them veneered at great cost.I first had this done 14 years ago and have had to have them redone several times as they are not meant to last very long. As the maxfax said last time, the extent to which they have been built-up doesn't quite suit my new bite. That is a polite way of saying that my top incisors are enormous. Like a rabbit.



The "upper-right-one" is particularly huge. The downside of being able to bite normally is that when I close my mouth, the the top-right front tooth is in heavy contact with my bottom teeth. This is quite annoying, but I have noticed it much more over the last two days. It's probably a good sign, as it means the elastics are doing their job to fine-tune the final positioning of my teeth. I imagine the problem "tooth" will chip relatively soon. Fingers crossed it holds for another couple months, by which time the braces will be off and I'll be able to have a permanent1 solution.

The veneers will really be the final stage of the transformation (unless I get a nose job too2), so I am really looking forward to getting that started. I'll definitely need something done to all eight incisors and maybe the canines, so I will be a work-in progress for some time.

Today's menu:

Banana for breakfast.



Tomato soup for lunch.



Faggots and pays for tea. Faggots are a local Black Country delicacy, similar to haggis. Pays are what we call "peas". Bostin'.



Chocolate log and cream for dessert.



1. I say "permanent". Veneers can last for 10 years, but they can't be replaced ad infinitum. Given my lack of enamel, I may only be able to have the veneers replaced once or twice. After that, the teeth will have to come out.

2. I used to get a lot of nosebleeds. When I first had my nose cauterise I was told that the cause was that my nose is crooked, and that if I ever had another nosebleed I'd be elligible for rhinoplasty on the NHS. Sure enough, when I bled again after five years, I was offered a nose job. Unfortunately, a different consultant disagreed that it would be beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment