Sunday 20 March 2016

Day 12 – Grand Slam


Not much to report today. England beat France in the rugby, giving us our first Six Nations Grand Slam since 2003. Which is nice. Even better news is that I can now do other things at weekends than watch the rugby. Six Nations tournaments always have a habit of decimating my attempts at studying. Zero CIMA was done today. Tomorrow will be busy.

I'm getting better with the elastics. When I had to wear them years ago, the orthodontic team were impressed at how easy it was for me to put them on and take them off without using a mirror. "Mark Malik has great manual dexterity" said no one else ever.

The swelling continues to recede. I'm well-chuffed with the new jawline that is being revealed. I can still see ever-so-slightly the 2mm of misalignment between my top and bottom jaws. The bottom jaw has been moved a little bit too far to the right. But before surgery, it was 6mm over to the left and was glaringly obvious. So it's a huge improvement.


  
Natural


Going out of my way to put the jaws in line

God knows what is going on with my left eye. 

In other news, I found Basil. Unfortunately I am not in line for a £20k reward from the Flying Squad. But the fact that I have been able to smell basil is not due to new-found olfactory powers. I realised that we have a bar of soup that is meant to be peach-fragrance.


I smell basil. The mother is inclined to agree.

To celebrate the weekend, I partied hard for breakfast and had sliced banana and pear. Exciting.


Lunch was tomato soup. 

The mother cooked a beautiful cottage pie for tea





















No comments:

Post a Comment