Saturday 29 July 2017

Day 509 –Last chance saloon

It's been 10 days since I had the hole in my gum restitched.
Unfortunately I have no gory photos as I am not allowed to stretch my mouth to even look at the wound.
It was pretty painful for the first couple of days: The stitches were so tight that laughing was agony. And there's a lot of laughter in Filipino offices. There was also a bit of swelling. Obviously, it was nowhere near as bad as in Days 2-7, but that area was swollen enough for me to add an ice-filled water bottle as a cold compress to my already-ridiculous regimens.
The situation was not helped by the fact that I have spent most the week dying of manflu. Anyone who knows me IRL will know that my sneezes are epic, so that causes some extra unwanted pain.
I went back to the MaxFax today. It's a friend's leaving do tonight, which may involve karaoke, so I was hoping to be given the all-clear to eat, drink, sing and rap.
The good news is that the wound is healing, and that I can go back to the chlorhexidine mouthwash instead of the potentially-staining iodine.
The bad news is that if it hasn't healed by the time I go back to the MaxFax in 10 days' time, the plate will have to be removed.

This morning's menu:

Omelette. As I breakfasted immediately after I got home from nightshift, there was still some fruit available.

No comments:

Post a Comment